Contractors invited to learn about upcoming construction projects
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (June 21, 2011) – With several upcoming construction projects to take place in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Jacksonville and Louisville Districts, will host Industry Day to present information about the projects to potential contractors. The event will take place Thursday, June 23, 2011 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Colegio de Ingenieros y Agrimensores. A workshop in preparing responses to Requests for Proposals will also be offered from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Jacksonville District projects that will be presented include:
· Aguada Radio Transmitter Facility Repairs, Aguada, Puerto Rico: Construction of improvements to Building 2901 at the U.S. Navy’s Transmitter Facility, to include upgrades to interior and exterior finishes; window replacements; roof replacement; heating, ventilating and air conditioning system; fire alarm and suppression; plumbing, electrical, telephone and Internet systems. Also includes construction of a maintenance building and additional parking.
· Bechara Sewer Line, Rio Puerto Nuevo, Puerto Rico: Construction of an approximately 720-foot earth channel, including demolition, clearing and grubbing, constructing steel channel walls, relocating an existing 90-inch diameter sewer line, as well as construction vibration monitoring and control, site drainage, pavements, fencing, pile tests and other related work.
· Department of Defense Education Activity Elementary School, Ft. Buchanan, Puerto Rico: Design/build of a new elementary school.
· Fort San Geronimo, Puerto Rico: Construction of a concrete grout apron and limited rubble revetment to stabilize the historic structure, as well as coral mitigation and monitoring.
Louisville District projects include:
· Caguas Army Reserve Center, Caguas, Puerto Rico: Construction of a 24,855-square-foot Armed Forces Reserve Center (Training Center); 3,083-square-foot Vehicle Maintenance Building; 761-square-foot Unheated Storage Building; 1,730-square-yard parking area for privately owned vehicles and military equipment.
· Fort Buchanan Public Works Building, Fort Buchanan, Puerto Rico: Construction of a 17,515-square-foot General Purpose Administrative Facility; 12,100-square-foot Engineering/Housing Maintenance Shop; 3,400-square-foot General Purpose Storage Facility-High Bay; 5,400-square-foot storage facility for entomology, Oil, etc. Also includes the construction of parking for privately owned vehicles and a 12,738-square-yard parking area for military equipment.