Hydraulic Design Section is responsible for conducting hydraulic modeling to determine flooding impacts for existing and with-project conditions. This section uses CADD as a tool to determine the layout of project features, develop hydraulic models, and prepare report figures and plates.
Build and maintain a level of expertise which produces innovative cost effective products which are of the highest quality.
Provide a work environment which promotes and encourages job satisfaction and pride in a job well done.
Provide design of flood control features as if your family home was immediately adjacent to the project.
Each team member will know and understand standard Corps of Engineers regulations and have a working knowledge of criteria as present in U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Engineering Manuals.
Each team member will be capable of applying the latest state of the art engineering design and analyses techniques.
Each team member will apply the latest state of the art computer based numerical analyses analyses and design programs to expedite completion of project features.
Insure that all team members have the benefit of design and analyses experience and lessons learned from past projects.
Insure that all reports provided are of the highest quality, completed within established schedules and monetary resources.
- Provide assistance to Planning Division in formulation and preliminary determination of alternative plans for further study.
- Provide hydraulic designs of spillways, culverts, and other water control features.
- Coordinate hydraulic engineering analyses and design data with other disciplines in Engineering Division.
- Compile hydraulic designs for Reconnaissance Reports, Feasibility Reports and Design Memorandums.
- Coordinate engineering analyses and design data developed in Engineering Division with other division in the Jacksonville District.
- Provide review of plans and specifications to insure compliance with detailed hydraulic designs.