The Jacksonville Small Business Office develops small businesses and maximizes their opportunities to participate in Corps procurements, ensuring a broad base of capable suppliers to support the Corps' mission and strengthen the nation's economic development. The Small Business Program seeks Women Owned, 8(a), Historically Underutilized Business Zone Empowerment (HubZone) and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned businesses, as well as Historical Black Colleges and Universities, and Minority Institutions that are interested in doing business with the federal government.

Small Business Requirements

Meet Size Standards

To be eligible for government contracts reserved for small businesses, your business must meet size requirements set by the SBA.  These size standards define the maximum size that a business - and its affiliates - can be to qualify as a small business for a particular contract.

The SBA assigns a size standard to each NAICS code.  Most manufacturing companies with 500 employees or fewer, and most non-manufacturing businesses with average annual receipts under $7.5 million, will qualify as a small business.

However, there are exceptions by industry.  You can view these in Title 13 Part 121.201 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) or in the SBA's table of small business size standards.

To determine if your business qualifies as "small" for government contracting purposes, use the SBA's Size Standards Tool.

For additional requirements, please go to

Top Ten NAICS Codes Awarded Contracts in FY21

Top 10 NAICS Codes Based on FY21 [10/01/20 - 09/30/21]

Total Dollars Ranked Highest to Lowest

  6 Digit NAICS Code (Description)

 Total Dollars
23 - Construction $530M
54 - Engineering Services $47.1M
56 - Admin/Sup $27.0M
33 - Manufacturing $4.2M
53 - Real Estate $1.7M
22 - Utilities $928K
44 - Retail Trade $14.9K
62 - Healthcare/Social  $8,209
61 - Educational Services $3,500
81 - Other services (Except Pub Admin) $475K



Small Business Office

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Jacksonville District is eager to do business with qualified small, small disadvantaged, Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone), veteran-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned and woman-owned business concerns. To view current USACE Jacksonville District postings, visit https://Beta.SAM.Gov .  In the "I'm Looking for..." field, enter W912EP, to refine your search to only the Jacksonville District's opportunities.




Collapse All Expand All
All federal agencies are required to publicize bidding opportunities on FedBizOpps when the purchase is expected to exceed $25,000, so anyone with Internet access can find out about these opportunities. You can register your firm with FedBizOpps. This allows you to set up filters to view and receive the information that is of interest to you. There is a tutorial on the homepage to help you navigate through FedBizOpps.

The Jacksonville District of the Army Corps of Engineers publishes a fiscal year forecast.  To obtain a listing of upcoming projects click here. We update this forecast twice a year, once in the spring and early fall.

This is a snapshot of forecasted requirements for the current year. These requirements may or may not be executed and are contingent upon funding, real estate, etc. Dates provided are approximates only. You must still monitor FedBizOpps to see if and when these requirements are announced.
Do your homework! Before we consider setting an appointment for a small business, we ask that you go to the Jacksonville district’s Web site and familiarize yourself with what we do in our district. You need to be able to communicate how your firm can be a solution provider for our district, and why we should consider you over other similar firms. Depending on the situation and schedules, we may recommend a project manager attend the meeting.

The Jacksonville District of the US Army Corps of Engineers does not require you to register your company with us. Instead, we recommend you register your firm in System for Award Management (SAM). If you plan to bid on Federal work this registration is REQUIRED in order to receive a DoD Prime contract. It is also a useful marketing tool that gives your company visibility. Large Businesses, Federal and other Agencies search for small business capabilities on CCR as well as Dynamic Small Business Search, which can be accessed from the homepage.

If you have never done work with the federal government, we strongly recommend you contact your local Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC). The PTAC’s role is to work with businesses to help them obtain and perform federal, state and local government contracts by educating the companies on the processes necessary for securing these contracts. They also help by connecting businesses with government agencies seeking competitively priced products and services. For a list of PTAC service centers in Florida, visit To find a local PTAC in another state, visit

IT products and services are provided to all Corps of Engineers District, Division, Centers and HQ offices by Lockheed-Martin IT Services under contract to the US Army Corps of Engineers IT Services (ACEITS) Field Operating Activity (FOA). For more details about ACEITS click here.


Architect-Engineer services include architect, engineering, design, coastal engineering, surveying, and core drilling requirements. Engineer Pamphlet (EP) 715-1-4 How to Obtain Consideration for Architect-Engineer Contracts with the U.S. Army corps of Engineers, dated 30 September 2004, can be found on the US Army Corps’ Web site.

The Pamphlet describes the Corps’ A-E acquisition procedures, including how primary and secondary selection criteria are applied by preselection and selection boards, debriefings of unsuccessful firms, and performance evaluations. Please note: all A-E work is satisfied under existing IDIQ contracts. To obtain a listing of active A-E contracts awarded by the Jacksonville District click here.


The Jacksonville District is one of the largest civil works district in the nation and maintains an extremely complex system of flood control works. Our district specializes in Civil Works projects such as Navigation, Flood Control, and Environmental Protection.

The USACE Jacksonville District also specializes in, planning, engineering, construction and management of large infrastructure projects in Florida, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The Jacksonville District (Federal) along with the South Florida Water Management district (State), are partners in the Comprehensive Everglades Restoration Plan (CERP), one of the most aggressive environmental restoration programs in the world. To learn more about the projects under CERP please visit Jacksonville district's web site.

The following are just a sample of what we build and the types of services we buy:

§  Shore Protection

§  Beach Renourishment

§  Environmental Restoration

§  Levees & Waterways

§  Channels & Canal

§  s Water Control Structures

§  Pump Stations

§  Dams

§  Aquatic Plant Control

Contract Awards-Subcontracting Opportunities

Collapse All Expand All

Address: 3910 INDUSTRIAL CIR, BOSSIER CITY, LA, 71112-2549
Size: Total Small Business
Period of Performance: Expires 6/6/2023

Address: 10220 US HWY 92 E, TAMPA, FL, 33610-5966
Size: Total Small Business
Period of Performance: Expires 8/13/2023

Address: 6575 HIGHWAY 189 N, BAKER, FL, 32531-7801
Size: Total Small Business
Period of Performance: Expires 9/28/2023

Address: 5010 US HWY 19, PALMETTO, FL, 34221-9189
Size: Total Small Business
Period of Performance:  Expires 9/28/2023

Address: 4027 CRESCENT PARK DR, RIVERVIEW, FL, 33578-3605
Size: Total Small Business
Period of Performance: Expires 1/31/2024

Address: 268 CALLE PERU ST URB HYDE PK, SAN JUAN, PR, 00918-4014
Size: Total Small Business
Period of Performance: Expires 12/12/2023

Address: 207 CALLE DEL PARQUE STE 4, SAN JUAN, PR, 00912-3237
Size: Total Small Business
Period of Performance:  Expires 12/25/2023