-- Jacksonville District deployed staff to the state of Florida Emergency Operations Center, the Puerto Rico Emergency Management Agency and the U.S. Virgin Islands Territorial Emergency Management Agency. We are working closely with state and local officials to coordinate preparedness and response activities.
- The US Army Corps of Engineers Jacksonville District is in constant contact with our federal, state, and local response partners to implement recovery responses.
- The Corps conducts emergency response activities under two basic authorities
1.Public Law 84-99 (Flood Control and Coastal Emergencies)
2.When mission assigned by FEMA under the Stafford Disaster and Emergency Assistance Act.
- Under PL 84-99, we provide disaster preparedness services and advanced planning measures designed to reduce damage caused by an impending disaster.
- Under the Stafford Act, we support the Department of Homeland Security and FEMA in carrying out the National Response Plan, which calls on 30 federal departments and agencies to provide coordinated disaster relief and recovery operations.
- President Trump has issued a major disaster declaration for Florida, Culebra and Vieques Islands in Puerto Rico, and for the US Virgin Islands as a result of impacts from Irma.